Recovery Café Fulton County is part of a national network of community centers that provide support and services to individuals recovering from addiction, mental health challenges, and trauma. Membership is free. There are a few membership requirements, here are the general guidelines:
- Eligibility: Recovery Cafe is open to anyone who is committed to their recovery and healing journey. This includes individuals who are in recovery from addiction, mental health challenges, and trauma, as well as their family members, friends, and allies.
- Orientation: Before becoming a member, individuals must attend an orientation session at the Recovery Cafe. The orientation provides an overview of the organization, its programs and services, and the expectations for members.
- Membership agreement: After attending an orientation, individuals must sign a membership agreement that outlines the rights and responsibilities of membership. This agreement may include expectations around attendance, participation in programs and services, and adherence to the organization's values and principles.
- Contribution: Recovery Cafe operates on a "give-to-receive" model, meaning that members are expected to contribute in some way to the organization. This could involve volunteering, participating in peer support groups, or supporting fundraising efforts.
- Confidentiality: Recovery Cafe places a strong emphasis on confidentiality and privacy. Members are expected to respect the privacy of other members and maintain confidentiality around sensitive personal information.