I'm a Foo Fighters fan.
Taylor Hawkins was the Foo drummer, cheerleader, champion, engine... I could go on. He was a ball of energy and I loved his work.
He had fame, fans, friends, admirers, people who cared about him. Bandmates with whom he traveled the world. People who openly and enthusiastically talked of their love for him. He had a wife and kids. And still, he died of an overdose.
Accidental overdoses took Prince, Tom Petty, Taylor, and a million people I've never heard of. It took the actor Philip Seymour Hoffman. After years of sobriety, a relationship ended and two days later he died of an overdose. Alone.
They all used alone. They all died alone.
Never Use Alone is a service to safeguard anyone who is using alone. This service is free, judgement free, and helps prevent overdose deaths. It is simple, accessible and helps reduce the risk of an accidental overdose.
Questions about other harm reduction strategies? Need narcan, fentanyl test strips or hygiene kits? Come see us at the Café, We can help. If you're going to use alone, call (800) 484-3731. You are loved and valued.